Mark Hamilton says that Adelaide also needs strong, independent representation at a State political level, so that the community’s voice is heard.
Mark says that the leader must also have a cohesive vision and the passion to pursue it. Mark offers some guiding principles and action programs.
• Detailed knowledge of the City of Adelaide area, its constituents and the historical workings and role of the Adelaide City Council.
• Substantial government and public administration experience.
• Successful commercial experience, as well as business education and training experience.
• Substantial chairmanship and corporate governance knowledge and experience.
• A vision for the future of the City of Adelaide area and the passion to work towards it.
• A love of the Adelaide City Council as a community based cultural institution and the enthusiasm to provide excellent and energetic community and civic leadership.
• To list and protect all of the worthy buildings and features in the Square Mile, North Adelaide and the Park Lands which are of historical, architectural, cultural and streetscape significance, as a foundation stone for the future development of the City of Adelaide area.
• To ensure that the development plan for the City of Adelaide area requires new building development to be of a scale and design which complements and is neighbourly with existing development and streetscapes.
• To ensure that the Park Lands are protected from further building encroachment; and are otherwise in beautiful condition and upgraded for passive community use.
• To upgrade the public realm throughout the City of Adelaide area in a cohesive and high quality manner, befitting the inner capital city area, with its unique collection of historical Victorian buildings.
• To encourage business and permanent employment growth.
• To manage Adelaide City Council's business and financial affairs and the provision of council services in a responsible and cost efficient manner, always with the long term in mind.